Winter.2015.2

 

Meeting Minutes - Board - 2014.08.05

 

Board Meeting Minutes

Meeting Date: YYYY.MM.DD
Meeting Venue:
Ray's Pizza
15603 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85306

Board Members Present
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Cliff Kujala
Rob Ambrose
Aaron LaRoque
Bryan Quattrocchi

Board Members Absent
Pete Rodriquez
JJ Denham
Eric Vanderford











 
  • Jim starts meeting at 7:10 PM
  • Jim tells board Alex has been appointed as Track Manager, he will be in charge of track operations and maintenance.
  • Jim lets board know the scales stopped working and needed repaired.  The repair man came to the track and advised that the scales are in bad shape and should be replaced.  The board agreed this is the best course of action and it needs to be done ASAP.
  • The roof over the bathrooms and the roof over the breezeway was damaged during the storms.  The board authorized for the repairs of the roof by a members company, the cost will be for parts only, labor is to be donated.   Jim also looked into the electrical panel on the back of the bathrooms to see why the AC unit was not working.  The electrical panel appears to also be in need of repairs.  The club will look for a member who has electrician skills to get an idea of what repairs will be needed.
  • The chain link fence around the track is also in need of repair, mainly the yellow safety cover on the top of the fence.  We will get a quote to replace the yellow safety top on the fence.
  • The weeds is still an issue at the track.  Jim stated that Alex will be in charge of getting the parts needed to fix our week sprayer, and then he will work on getting the weeds sprayed.  Once the weeds are sprayed, we will be able to have the ground cleared.  Jim stated the train operation next door has a tractor with a blade and he has discussed with them helping us to clear the ground at the track of the weeds.
  • The board has decided that 45 days prior to any major karting events at our track, that the monthly option for membership will be suspended.  This is to ensure that non-locals cannot just buy a monthly membership for a month that they will be at our track for a big race in order to avoid paying normal track practice day rates.  However, normal local club members will still be able to contact the board and pay for their monthly membership.  Within 15 days following a big event, the normal monthly membership options on our website will be reactivated.
  • The board had proposed the following schedule for the winter 2014/2015 season:
    • Race 1 – October 5th
    • Race 2 – October 26th
    • Race 3 – November 16th
    • Race 4 – December 7th
    • Race 5 – December 27th
    • Race 6 – December 28th
    • Race 7 – January 18th
    • Race 8 – February 8th
    • Race 9 – February 22nd
    • Race 10 – March 22nd
  • Election ballots for the board election are to be mailed out on August 6th by the end of the day.
  • Jim ended the meeting at 8:40 pm.

Meeting Minutes - Board - 2014.07.07

Board Meeting Minutes

Meeting Date: YYYY.MM.DD
Meeting Venue:
California Pizza Kitchen
Desert Ridge
21001 N Tatum Blvd #40
Phoenix, AZ 85050

Board Members Present
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Cliff Kujala
JJ Denham
Rob Ambrose
Aaron LaRoque

Board Members Absent
Pete Rodriquez
Eric Vanderford
Bryan Quattrocchi


 
  • Jim starts meeting at 7:05 PM
  • Race report given by Jim, we had 41 racers at the last race.  Kart counts are expected to drop over the next few races.
  • JJ reported treasures report that we have about72K in the bank and we are positive this year so far and it looks good for the year.  Memberships need to be updated and people need to be updated into the new system.  Jim and Cliff will make a plan to get the remaining people into the system so that memberships can be up to date.
  • The weeds are still an issue.  We need to spray the weeds, a pump needs to be purchased and put on the trailer, Alex can work on this.  Once the weeds are sprayed, we can get them removed.
  • Cliff discussed the use of ASANA for the board members to communicate and accomplish tasks.  The board members need to explore in it and get used to using it.
  • JJ discussed the fact that getting paperwork from the track workers is an issue and we need to come up with a better way to get the paperwork to her. 
  • The issue of club insurance was discussed.  Currently, we have IKF for race day, and NKA for practice.  We would like to keep looking into the option of not using IKF, and using NKA for both race and practice.
  • The bylaws need to be updated to reflect the changes that the boards have made over the years.  The secretary needs to flag all the bylaws that need to be updated.
  • Race day pricing needs to be reviewed again for the next season.  Currently a small percentage of racers are pre registering.  This is an issue and we need to make it much more of an incentive to pre register for the races.
  • Jim had a meeting with Tom from SKUSA to discuss incentive programs to increase shifter kart counts, and the Tag Cadet counts at PKRA.  Jim wants to meet with the kart shops to come up with incentives to get rid of reasons people use to not come out to race, such parts and engines out of date.  There is also an idea to allow a free race for people to get them to come out and race.
  • The club will ask Stewart Willis to get involved to become a point person with PKRA to promote the Tag Cadet class.  Cliff brought up the fact that there is a slower option for Tag Cadet similar in speed to micromax, it’s a more restrictive pipe.  This could be used at our track to get the younger drivers into the tag cadet class.
  • The new season needs to start being scheduled.  We have decide that the 4 stroke classes will have a 10 race season, the rotax classes will have an 8 race season, and the Tag Cadets and Shifters will have 5 to 6 race season.  The races will be reduced for these classes to not have conflicts with the other series outside of PKRA.
  • Rob Ambrose brought up the new election.  He needs an up to date list right before the ballots are sent out of the members eligible to vote.
  • Jim ended the meeting at 8:20pm.
 

Meeting Minutes - Board - 2014.06.16

Board Meeting Minutes

Meeting Date: 2014.06.16 
Meeting Venue:
California Pizza Kitchen
Desert Ridge
21001 N Tatum Blvd #40
Phoenix, AZ 85050

Board Members Present
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Cliff Kujala
JJ Denham
Bryan Quattrocchi

Board Members Absent
Eric Vanderford
Rob Ambrose
Pete Rodriquez
Aaron LaRoque

 
  • Call to Order
    • Jim Wooldridge, Jr. called the Meeting to order at 07:55 PM.
  • Roll Call
  • Meeting Canceled - Quorum not attained.
  • End of Meeting
    • Jim Wooldridge, Jr. adjourned the meeting at 08:00 PM
 

 

Meeting Minutes - Club - 2014.06.16

Club Meeting Minutes

Meeting Date: 2014.06.16 
Meeting Venue:
California Pizza Kitchen
Desert Ridge
21001 N Tatum Blvd #40
Phoenix, AZ 85050

Board Members Present
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Cliff Kujala
JJ Denham
Bryan Quattrocchi


Board Members Absent
Eric Vanderford
Rob Ambrose
Pete Rodriquez
Aaron LaRoque


 
  • Call to Order
    • Jim Wooldridge, Jr. called the Meeting to order at 07:03 PM.
  • Roll Call
    • Quorum of the members or board has not been attained.  No action requiring a vote can be taken without further polling of the membership or board.
  • Approval of previous minutes - Postponed until quorum attained.
  • President’s Report by Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
    • Spoke about planned facilities repairs.
    • Spoke about race day registration, and help needed from the members to build a more fluid system.  Former race day registrar Stacey DePalma will be asked to assist with direction in building, and documenting the process.
  • Vice President’s Report by Cliff Kujala
    • Provided an informal report on the success of the newly launched montly membership platform, noting that in the short period since inception, 1 new member per week has been added to the PKRA membership base, not including renewals.
    • Answered various website questions from members present.
  • Treasurer's Report by JJ Denham
    • YTD Pofitability +$27,318.29
    • YTD Comparison - 2013 - +$1,900.00
    • Race revenues are up from last year at this time, and despite the positive numbers, a good chunk Accounts Receivables exist for recently expired legacy memberships, so the club can anticipate another bump in revenues soon.
    • JJ has started the process of reconciling and matching cash/check payments for the current and recently expired members.  Once complete, invoices will be sent out to members to collect unsettled lapse periods.  Renewing Memberships paid late, will be brought into the new system with a maintained expire date based on the actual membership period.  JJ will work together with Cliff Kujala to implement these processes.
  • Secretary's Report Aaron LaRoque
    • Not Present to Report
  • Other reports of the board
    • Advertising/Signage by Eric Vanderford (Proxy report given by Jim Wooldridge, Jr.)
    • Election Secretary Report by Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
      • Revisited the upcoming election, and asked for the membership to start thinking about nominees.
      • Spoke about the commitment level, term.  IE:  the rather large document creation project the current board has started to help retain vital knowledge which is lost with each outbound director.
      • JW Opened the floor for nominations
        • Jim Wooldridge, Jr. nominated Bryan Quattrocchi. Bryan accepted.
        • Cliff Kujala nominated Jim Wooldgridge, Jr. Jim accepted.
        • JJ Denham nominated Cliff Kujala. Cliff accepted.
        • JJ Denham nominated Alex Akers. Alex declined.
        • Jim Savelsberg (Proxy for Brian Nelson) nominated Bernie Lacotta. Bernie accepted.
  • Previous Business
    • Wooldridge discussed Summer practice hours. Indicated that he has received feedback from several members that they are requesting another practice night added back to the schedule. After some discussion, Thursday night practice will be added back to the schedule based on membership feedback thru July. Quorum vote determined not to be needed. Opposing board members should object these minutes if disagreed.
    • Bernie LaCotta inquired about the reasoning behind the track configuration confusion (Vintage vs Full) at Summer2014.05. Kujala and Wooldridge explained the previous board vote to eliminate this configuration, and the communication failure between the board and previously responsible party regarding setting the track configurations for club races. Kujala further explained the desire to reach compromise between honoring that prior voted decision, and the feedback from primarily WF drivers. Wooldridge expanded on potential use of the Vintage config moving forward. Kujala also expanded on the potential for future split config races, and that it is easy to do on race day, but it also requires splitting the practice days leading up to the race, and the reduced practice time for the members must be taken into consideration.
  • New Business
    • Rich Bowen discussed timeline and actions leading up to the 4-cycle Super Showdown. Bowen requested permission to add something to the PKRA.com website. Kujala mentioned that he will link Bowen to the page which has already been built out of disire to colaborate on the event, and in anticipation of this request from the 4-cycle Super Showdown promoters.
    • Carl Spears is a new member, and asked for explanation on how to upgrade a Silver to Platinum. Kujala explained it is possible, but it must be done by the PKRA admin.
    • Alex Akers discussed the no scooter/no bicycle rule at PKRA. Mentioned that some children at PKRA are saying it is not enforced on race day, so people are also disobeying the rule and riding on practice days. Wooldridge stated it was not allowed, and should be enforced by track staff, and ALL board members.
    • Johnny Pregna mentioned that it was often a challenge in the scale like to fit all drivers in without causing problems.
    • Marc Traylor requested a more quiet place for the meetings. Wooldridge mentioned that he will check into it, and any change to the venue would follow the By-Laws proceedure.
  • End of Meeting
    • Jim Wooldridge, Jr. adjourned the meeting at 07:50 PM
 

 

Meeting Minutes - Board - 2014.06.02

Board Meeting Minutes

Meeting Date: 2014.06.02 
Meeting Venue:
California Pizza Kitchen
Desert Ridge
21001 N Tatum Blvd #40
Phoenix, AZ 85050

Board Members Present
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Cliff Kujala
JJ Denham
Bryan Quattrocchi
Rob Ambrose
Aaron LaRoque

Board Members Absent
Eric Vanderford
Pete Rodriquez




 
  1. Jim starts meeting at 7:00 PM
  2. Jim brought up the issue with the track layout for the next club race.  WF racers are going to run the vintage track along with kid karts, all others will race the full track CW.  The board voted on this subject last September and this is a club rule and needs to be documented as such. 
  3. Election is coming up and the club needs somebody to be the Election Secretary who manages the election process and handles everything with that process.  Rob Ambrose volunteered to do this job. 
  4. JJ informed board that she has looked into a company who will come to the track and get rid of all the weeds for $1000.  However, they will not come to the track and do that until the weeds have been sprayed, otherwise the weeds will just come back.  Jim suggested that the trailer out at the track with the tank be fixed and then used to spray the weeds. 
  5. Issue brought up that there is a lot of junk in the maintenance shed and lying in various parts around the track, to include an old golf kart.  It was decided that most of this junk needs to be removed from the track and cleaned up.  We will look into having somebody who wants scrap can come and get it all.  Cliff agreed to take the old golf kart.
  6. Job descriptions of the track workers needs to be documented and explained to workers what they are responsible for completing.  The track workers need to unlock facility, blow the track off, charge and maintain the working golf carts, and promote people to join the club to save money.
  7. Need a facility inspection and a report prepared to document all of the necessary repairs and maintenance items that need to be completed.
  8. Cliff has emailed all the website documentation and duties that need to be completed to everybody.  Jim has requested everybody pick 5 items from the list that they will be responsible for to maintain.  Also, all the board members need to visit google documents and learn how to use it, this is through Google Drive.
  9. The by-laws with the club were discussed.  The board has decided that there are many by-laws that need to be re-drafted to reflect many of the changes that have been made by the board votes.  Jim will send me a list of the by-laws that need to be changed.  There are several rule changes that have been made over the years and are saved someplace on the Google Drive. 
  10. An incentive program was discussed for the track workers.  When they get a new member to join the club or a member who has not renewed to do so, they get credit for that and we will pay them a commission.  The board decided this could be a positive way to get new members and maintain existing ones, and a plan will be drafted up to allow this.
  11. Cliff has performed a reconciliation of the members payment to the club for their membership.  Cliff requested to JJ that she find all payments made by check so that we can match payment to member.  Jim stated that he will be the membership director.
  12. Rob brought up the race day schedule and that it was difficult to find on the website.  Cliff showed how to find it, and if there is another way to have it on the website that is easier for people to find, he will make the change.
  13. Alex needs to create race day events on the calendar as time events so people can see start time of event on the website calendar.
  14.  Jim ended the meeting at 8:50 pm.
 

 

Meeting Minutes - Club - 2014.05.19

Club Meeting Minutes

Meeting Date: 2014.05.19 
Meeting Venue:
California Pizza Kitchen
Desert Ridge
21001 N Tatum Blvd #40
Phoenix, AZ 85050

Board Members Present
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Cliff Kujala
Pete Rodriquez

Board Members Absent
Rob Ambrose
JJ Denham
Aaron LaRoque
Bryan Quattrocci
Eric Vanderford

 
  • Call to Order
    • Jim Wooldridge, Jr. called the Meeting to order at 07:08 PM.
  • Roll Call
    • Quorum of Board not attained.  Voting on issues discussed not possible.
  • Approval of previous minutes postponed until quorum reached.
  • President’s Report by Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
    • Thanks was made to Sean Kisselbach and Brian Odello for their contribution to registration at the May 10 race.
  • Vice President’s Report by Cliff Kujala
    • New website for PKRA.com was successfully launched May 11th, 2014
      • Online memberships and race entry are functional, as well as general info, race results, rules, bylaws, contacts, and calendar.
      • Some features still being developed are classified ads, championship points, meeting minutes, and some others.
      • Kujala requested that the membership try to use the new site as much as possible in the upcoming weeks, and submit any feedback or change requests to
      • Rich Bowen discussed the new class structure shown on the new website.  He requested that the board consider reversing a previously voted policy to enforce the decided class stucture, and dissallow non-conforming karts to compete.  It was discussed that a form be added to the website, where potential racers could submit a request to race a non-conforming kart (IE: Kid Kart Comer in the Kid Kart Honda category).  This is possible, and will be added to the website.
        • Further discussion regarding Kid Kart Honda.  Bowen addressed his concerns that potential new racers aren't coming out to race Kid Kart because they have Comer Kid Karts.  Kujala reminded Bowen that HPD is willing to work with the club to help transision racers from Comer to Honda, but a volunteer was needed to head the project for PKRA.  Bowen volunteered, and will contact HPD to discuss.
      • Bowen inquired about the possibility in the new system for people to join without using a credit card online, and the potential for people to just join for a month or two at a time during the months that they drive, then let the membership go unpaid during the time they are not driving.
        • Kujala stated the non-credit card option is not ready yet, but will be offered soon.  The non-credit card memberships will be limited to non-recurring annual memberships.
        • Recurring memberships can be suspended or canceled by the user.  Failed payments will automatically cancel a recurring subscription, and any failed transactions will be back charged to the customer once the payment method is corrected.
  • Treasurer's Report by Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
    • Jim read report for absent treasurer.  Reported about approx. 18,000 profits Y.T.D. 
  • Secretary Report not available 
  • Other reports of the board
    • Maintenance Report by Pete Rodriquez
      • Pete will revisit the idea of creating shade structures for the corner workers.
  • Previous Business
    • None
  • New Business
    • Alex Akers inquired about how to get PKRA listed on the Marque Sign near Wet and Wild on Pinnacle Peak.
      • Jim Wooldridge to contact Maricopa County to inquire about who manages the sign.
    • Alex Akers stated that a new flyer, as well as business card holder is needed so that he can direct new people to the local kart shops.  He would also like to know if PKRA can place flyers on the parked cars in the Wet and Wild parking lot.
      • Jim Wooldridge to contact Wet and Wild to ask for permission.  It was discussed that that form of advertising should be held off until late August, so that the new people we might draw are not overwhelmed with the idea of karting in the Summer heat, as well as underwhelmed by the light participation at PKRA during the Summer months.
    • Rich Bowen requested volunteers or workers contact him, as we are still in need of a gate keeper at the club races.  Someone to manage the paddock entry, and check for wristbands, etc.
    • A discussion was held regarding the track configuration for upcoming races.  Bowen was reminded of a previous Board vote that empowered the Board to make those decisions, not the race director.  The layouts for the remaining Summer seasons were discussed, and finalized.
      • The layout formerly known as Kid Kart will now be called Vintage moving forward, as this represents the original PKRA track design.
      • Cliff Kujala updated and corrected the website listing as the decisions were reached for upcoming races.
    • Summer practice schedule discussed.  Wednesday and Thursday nights are forecasted for reduced participation during June thru August.
      • Summer General Practice Hours June 1 thru August 31
        • Monday : Closed
        • Tuesday (beginner night) : 5-9:45pm
        • Wednesday : Closed
        • Thursday : Closed
        • Friday : 6-9:45pm
        • Saturday : 7:30am-1:00pm and 6-9:45pm
          • Closed for non-race practice on club race dates
        • Sunday : 7:30am-1:00pm
      • Track rental available still available during closed Summer Hours. Email  to inquire about renting the track.
  • End of Meeting
    • Jim Wooldridge, Jr. adjourned the meeting at 08:30 PM
 

PDF Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes are published as Unofficial until after they have been approved by the membership during the following meeting

Club Minutes

Board Minutes