- Created: Thursday, 20 February 2014 04:40
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 17 June 2014 00:27
- Written by Aaron LaRoque
Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: 2014.02.17
California Pizza Kitchen
21001 N Tatum Blvd #40
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Board Members Present
Board Members Absent
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
- Cliff starts meeting at 7:00 PM
- Cliff asked Chris England for input on CofA. Andy Seeseman is waiting on invoice for our split costs so he will pay us for half. Train people were upset that there were rocks on the tracks, possibly they thought from kids. It was discussed that it is highly unlikely that kids from track would be back there putting rocks on the tracks.
- The board discussed the new starting procedure on the front stretch using the oval.
- The contract for the 4-stroke race in October was presented to the board. In concept, the board is OK with it but there are many details that need to be ironed out. A vote was held to approve the contract in theory, not actually approve it so they can move forward with the planning of the event. The vote passed by everyone. An email will be sent out with questions for them to answer, dates approved are Oct. 31st through November 2nd.
- Summer race scheduled discussed by board members. A vote was held to approve the 10 race schedule. Four votes were to approve the 10 race schedule, 3 votes were not to approve the schedule. Dates are as
- follows: April 12th and 26th, May 10th and 24th, June 7th and 21st, July 12th, August 9th, September 6th and 20th.
- Aligning the track with SKUSA was discussed by board. The board has come up with several questions to be answered by Tom with SKUSA. First, will we be using MG Whites only, or will yellows and reds be allowed? Second, will members have to purchase a SKUSA license? Third, will we get a regional or national level race at our track, or does this make it more likely? Four, will we be allowed to use the SKUSA points sheet system for calculating championships?
- Cliff has a customer who wants to film a TV skit at our track by renting out the facility, and then also have some filming done during the race. He asked the board if there was any objection to this. There were none.
- JJ gave the financial report, stated that the CofA race was very profitable for the club.
- A discussion was had on the class schedule and conflicts it created with kids running two different classes. A motion was made to split out the L206 class from the Micromax class. The motion was passed with 6 yes votes and 1 no vote.
- The club will be looking for a new member to do the points starting with the new season this summer. Bernie stated that his wife may be able to do the points for next season.
- End of Meeting
- Cliff Kujala adjourned the meeting at 08:40 PM