Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: YYYY.MM.DD
15603 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85306
Board Members Present
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Board Members Absent
- Jim starts meeting at 7:10 PM
- Jim tells board Alex has been appointed as Track Manager, he will be in charge of track operations and maintenance.
- Jim lets board know the scales stopped working and needed repaired. The repair man came to the track and advised that the scales are in bad shape and should be replaced. The board agreed this is the best course of action and it needs to be done ASAP.
- The roof over the bathrooms and the roof over the breezeway was damaged during the storms. The board authorized for the repairs of the roof by a members company, the cost will be for parts only, labor is to be donated. Jim also looked into the electrical panel on the back of the bathrooms to see why the AC unit was not working. The electrical panel appears to also be in need of repairs. The club will look for a member who has electrician skills to get an idea of what repairs will be needed.
- The chain link fence around the track is also in need of repair, mainly the yellow safety cover on the top of the fence. We will get a quote to replace the yellow safety top on the fence.
- The weeds is still an issue at the track. Jim stated that Alex will be in charge of getting the parts needed to fix our week sprayer, and then he will work on getting the weeds sprayed. Once the weeds are sprayed, we will be able to have the ground cleared. Jim stated the train operation next door has a tractor with a blade and he has discussed with them helping us to clear the ground at the track of the weeds.
- The board has decided that 45 days prior to any major karting events at our track, that the monthly option for membership will be suspended. This is to ensure that non-locals cannot just buy a monthly membership for a month that they will be at our track for a big race in order to avoid paying normal track practice day rates. However, normal local club members will still be able to contact the board and pay for their monthly membership. Within 15 days following a big event, the normal monthly membership options on our website will be reactivated.
- The board had proposed the following schedule for the winter 2014/2015 season:
- Race 1 – October 5th
- Race 2 – October 26th
- Race 3 – November 16th
- Race 4 – December 7th
- Race 5 – December 27th
- Race 6 – December 28th
- Race 7 – January 18th
- Race 8 – February 8th
- Race 9 – February 22nd
- Race 10 – March 22nd
- Election ballots for the board election are to be mailed out on August 6th by the end of the day.
- Jim ended the meeting at 8:40 pm.