These are Board Decisions that constitute club policy, but are not otherwise documented outside the meeting minutes where the decision was made.
Club Race Trophy Entry Minimum 6/8/2020
- The board changed the minimum to 5 entrants for race trophies to be awarded for a class.
Pets will again be allowed at PKRA with restrictions 12/9/2019
- Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6ft, in a closed vehicle (no access to outsiders), or carried in your arms, and fully under your control at all times.
- If an animal bites someone, the pet will be banned forever, and the person/family will be suspended/banned for at least 30 days.
Pets will no longer be allowed at PKRA 11/11/2019
- Pets are no longer allowed. Service animals are excepted. [Decision reversed Dec 9, 2019].
All classes will run the same configuration 9/9/2019
- Kid Karts and Shifters will now run the same configuration as other classes, effective immediately.
- This applies to both races and practice.
- This was done for safety reasons. Some form of barriers will be set up preventing drivers from taking a wrong turn.
- This reverses the decision on shifters on 2/11/2019.
Eliminate Membership Purchases/Renewals at the Track 8/12/2019
- PKRA Memberships can no longer be purchased at the track.
- Memberships must be purchased/renewed within MotorsportReg.
- If memberships are not purchased/renewed in time, no refunds will be issued for the added non-member cost.
Vendor Links on PKRA Web Site 6/10/2019
PKRA will provide links to select Vendors on our web site under the following conitions:
- Vendor Involvement/Presence at club practices and/or races.
Determination at the discretion of board.
- Vendor website has up to date web site information regarding PKRA
- Vendor website links back to the PKRA web site.
- Vendior asks to have a link..
Prohibition against moving back to a lower class after racing a higher class3/11/2019
- PKRA will enforce the rules against moving back to a lower class within our club only (we won’t consider outside races).
- PKRA will enforce the rules against moving back to a lower class only within 4 and 2 cycle class groupings. For example, a driver can run LO206 Jr 1 and Tag 100 Jr 2.
- Note that other clubs or series may implement rules differently, and running a higher age group at PKRA may affect your age group eligibility elsewhere.
Track Configuration for Shifters 2/11/2019 *** Decision Reversed 9/9/2019 ***
- Shifters will always race the extended, non-Vintage version of the configuration even when others are running Vintage
- On Saturday and Sunday mornings we will allow shifters to run the extended, non-Vintage version of the configuration when Vintage configurations are normally being run. TaG classes can choose to run with the shifters as applicable.
Vendor Posting of Ads on Facebook 2/11/2019
- The club allows the posting of one ad to Facebook per month.
Club Race Trophy Entry Minimum 2/11/2019 ** Decision changed 6/8/2020 **
- The board Confirmed a minimum of 4 entrants for race trophies to be awarded for a class.
Reduced Track Rental for Phoenix Kart Rentals 5/14/2018
- The board approved providing a reduced track rental rate of $75/hr if rented for 4+ hours and waived the extra person fee. The $75 light fee still applies.
Pre-Registration Entry Issues 3/12/2018
- The board reiterated the policy that online pre-registration must be completed to receive the pre-entry discount. Drivers are encouraged to register early to avoid disappointment, and contact web support with any issues prior to registration closing.
Neck Braces 3/12/2018
- The board reiterated the policy that Neck Braces are required per PKRA 500.7 regardless of IKF rules.
Change Process for Important Matters 11/07/2016
- Any new business can be raised by any member at or before a scheduled meeting for discussion and a “provisional vote”. If the item received an approved “provisional vote”, the item will then be posted with the minutes and placed on the next posted meeting for a “final vote” after which it will become effective. \
- Discussion clarified that these would be more significant decisions, and that the board could waive this as required.