These are Board Decisions that constitute club policy, but are not otherwise documented outside the meeting minutes where the decision was made.
Pets will no longer be allowed at PKRA 11/11/2019
- Pets are no longer allowed. Service animals are excepted.
All classes will run the same configuration 9/9/2019
- Kid Karts and Shifters will now run the same configuration as other classes, effective immediately.
- This applies to both races and practice.
- This was done for safety reasons. Some form of barriers will be set up preventing drivers from taking a wrong turn.
- This reverses the decision on shifters on 2/11/2019.
Eliminate Membership Purchases/Renewals at the Track 8/12/2019
- PKRA Memberships can no longer be purchased at the track.
- Memberships must be purchased/renewed within MotorsportReg.
- If memberships are not purchased/renewed in time, no refunds will be issued for the added non-member cost.
Vendor Links on PKRA Web Site 6/10/2019
PKRA will provide links to select Vendors on our web site under the following conitions:
- Vendor Involvement/Presence at club practices and/or races.
Determination at the discretion of board.
- Vendor website has up to date web site information regarding PKRA
- Vendor website links back to the PKRA web site.
- Vendior asks to have a link..
Prohibition against moving back to a lower class after racing a higher class3/11/2019
- PKRA will enforce the rules against moving back to a lower class within our club only (we won’t consider outside races).
- PKRA will enforce the rules against moving back to a lower class only within 4 and 2 cycle class groupings. For example, a driver can run LO206 Jr 1 and Tag 100 Jr 2.
- Note that other clubs or series may implement rules differently, and running a higher age group at PKRA may affect your age group eligibility elsewhere.
Track Configuration for Shifters 2/11/2019 *** Decision Reversed 9/9/2019 ***
- Shifters will always race the extended, non-Vintage version of the configuration even when others are running Vintage
- On Saturday and Sunday mornings we will allow shifters to run the extended, non-Vintage version of the configuration when Vintage configurations are normally being run. TaG classes can choose to run with the shifters as applicable.
Vendor Posting of Ads on Facebook 2/11/2019
- The club allows the posting of one ad to Facebook per month.
Club Race Trophy Entry Minimum 2/11/2019
- The board Confirmed a minimum of 4 entrants for race trophies to be awarded for a class.
Reduced Track Rental for Phoenix Kart Rentals 5/14/2018
- The board approved providing a reduced track rental rate of $75/hr if rented for 4+ hours and waived the extra person fee. The $75 light fee still applies.
Pre-Registration Entry Issues 3/12/2018
- The board reiterated the policy that online pre-registration must be completed to receive the pre-entry discount. Drivers are encouraged to register early to avoid disappointment, and contact web support with any issues prior to registration closing.
Neck Braces 3/12/2018
- The board reiterated the policy that Neck Braces are required per PKRA 500.7 regardless of IKF rules.
Change Process for Important Matters 11/07/2016
- Any new business can be raised by any member at or before a scheduled meeting for discussion and a “provisional vote”. If the item received an approved “provisional vote”, the item will then be posted with the minutes and placed on the next posted meeting for a “final vote” after which it will become effective. \
- Discussion clarified that these would be more significant decisions, and that the board could waive this as required.