- The southbound I-17 exit ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road remains closed through Sunday, Nov. 17. Drivers on southbound I-17 should use the Jomax Road exit instead and follow signs for the detour routes.
- An 11-foot vehicle-width restriction remains in place on north- and southbound I-17 between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads.
The following ramp closures have been scheduled at I-17 and Pinnacle Peak Road through early 2020:
- The northbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed from Thursday, Nov. 7, to Sunday, Nov. 17.
- The southbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed from Friday, Nov. 15, to Sunday, Dec. 22.
- The northbound I-17 exit ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed from Friday, Nov. 15, to Monday, Jan. 6, 2020.
The following full closures of I-17, and of Pinnacle Peak Road, have been scheduled:
- North- and southbound I-17 will be closed at Happy Valley Road from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, to 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19. Happy Valley Road, the roundabouts and I-17 ramps will remain open.
- North- and southbound I-17 will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday, […]
Summer Race #9 Makeup Results and Final Summer Points have been posted. Report any issues to email@example.com.
A Work Day is schedule Saturday, Oct 12 from 6:00am – 8:30am. There is some work to do to get ready for the Showdown.
The next Open Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, Oct 14 at 7:00PM in the Track Conex.
On a sad note, PKRA founder Phil Pascucci passed away on Oct 1.
Pre-Registration for the Nov 3 Winter Race #1 opens Oct 21. Note the following:
- We will be requiring transponders be on the back of the seat per the IKF rule change.
- For safety reasons, Kid Karts and Shifters will now run the exact same configuration as other classes. This applies to races and practices.
Adobe Mountain Speedway (AMS) will be opening this fall at the dirt track area south of the PKRA track. For up-to-date status, see their web site at https://www.adobemountainspeedway.com.
A great deal of work is in progress to revitalize the site, including new electrical, new catch fences, site cleanup, and other improvements. Our understanding is that the site is approved for all the previous classes that have been run there, and they are working with the county to get approval for additional classes.
While PKRA will have overall responsibility for both sites, AMS will be operated independently, and all questions should be directed to their contact page https://www.adobemountainspeedway.com/contact-us.
The Sept 9 Open Board Meeting Minutes have been published.
- Winter Race Configurations were approved (see https://www.pkra.com/racing-schedule/ for proposed winter configs)
- Due to safety concerns, Kid Karts and Shifters will run the same configurations as other classes. This applies to races as well as practice.
- Chris England provided an update on IKF, SKUSA, and Evinco Tires
- Paul Hendricks provided an update on the County Agreement.
- The work day originally scheduled for Sept 21 has been canceled.
Aug 12 Open Board Meeting
Minutes have been published to the Member Area for the August 12 Meeting
Highlights are summarized here:
- The Board of Directors election has concluded with 45% of the membership voting. The following candidates were elected, and started 2 year terms:
- Bill Scheets
- Scott Jackson
- Scott Cebulski
- Rich Alten
- The Board elected Cindy Lacotta President. Bernie Lacotta will remain Vice-President, Bill Scheets will remain Secretary, and Tom Rodie will remain Treasurer.
- We will continue the Friday night ban on beginners, and the Wednesday night Rental focus.
- The 2020 Winter Season Race schedule was set:
- Race 1: 11/3
- Race 2: 11/17
- Race 3: 12/1
- Race 4: 12/15
- Race 5: 1/5
- Race 6: 1/19
- Race 7: 2/2
- Race 8: 2/16
- Race 9: 3/1
- Race 10: 3/15
- Rain Date: 3/22
- PKRA Memberships can no longer be purchased at the track.
- PKRA Memberships are managed in MotorsportReg using individual user profile accounts.
- Memberships must be purchased/renewed within MotorsportReg, but there is some manual processing required by PKRA, up to 5 days.
- Race entry discounts are automatic based on Membership status, and Members must plan ahead to allow for processing time prior to race […]
Highlights of the July 8 Open Board meeting:
- Nominations for the 4 open board positions:
The election will be held electronically and begin July 22
- Bill Scheets
- Rich Alten
- Micah Hendricks
- Scott Jackson
- Scott Cebulski
- Rich Bowen
- The following rate Increases will take effect Oct 1:
- Bronze Membership – $300 (System will show $235 + $65)
- Silver Membership – $750 (System will show $685 + $65)
- Family Member Driver – $65
- Practice for Bronze $15.
- Front Row spot $300, Per Race $25
- Race Pre-Entry: $100 Non Member, $60 Member
- Onsite Race: $125 Non Member, $85 Member
- Phoenix Kart Rentals is requesting they be allowed to put up a permanent tent in their pit. The board is considering giving them a 6 month trial period, and will make the decision off line after hearing more specifics from them.
- The board continues to look into improving the lighting, with new lights/poles in some places, and replacing bulbs/ballasts in others.
- The board is considering eliminating membership renewal at practice. The matter will be discussed and voted on at the August meeting.
- We will be implementing the IKF rule change to seat mounted transponders with the Winter Season.
We continue to solicit […]
PKRA Club Race Pre-Registration Instructions for MotorsportReg
- PKRA is using MotorsportReg for online Club Race Pre-Registration.
- Registration must use the profile of the particular driver. Registering multiple family member drivers easily done from a single log-in if your account relationships are set up correctly (if you have an issue with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). You may register multiple drivers before completing check-out, but they are considered individual registrations.
- Registration will use the contact information (including birth date for age verification), emergency contact information, and vehicle transponder from the particular driver profile. Please make sure this information is current.
- You’ll need to create at least one vehicle – we’ll pull the transponder number from it. If you rent your transponder, you’ll still need to have a vehicle with a blank transponder number. This needs to be done only once, and you can do it on the fly during registration.
- Registration will force unique Kart numbers within a class. Members may request kart number reservations at email@example.com ( Driver, Class Kart Number).
- Up to two Front Row Pit spots may be purchased for this race only through this registration (subject to availabilty). Members may alternatively choose to purchase up […]
Minutes from the June 10 Open Board Meeting have been published.
- We will be starting Saturday night racing one hour later starting June 22. We will continue to have the dinner break after qualifying, but will have an additional 15 min break after the Heat.
- We changed to “Minor” pit passes 2-17 for $5 instead of the current Child 2-10 for $5 and Adult 11+ at $10. This will be implemented July 1 in conjunction with the move to MotorsportReg.
- We will implement the IKF rule change regarding transponder location beginning with the Winter season. The transponder will need to be on the back of the seat, with the bottom 25cm from the ground, +/- 5cm.
- The board agreed to officially rescind the surcharge for Wed night. We will continue the Friday night ban on beginner rental customers and the Wednesday focus on those rental customers, but there will be no surcharge. Staying open during the summer on Wednesdays at all is contingent on maintaining sufficient numbers.
- The $10 first time introductory fee for first timers will be eliminated Aug 1.
- We officially amended the Club Rules 500.41 regarding kart numbers to allow 3 digit numbers.
- The Board […]