- The southbound I-17 exit ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road remains closed through Sunday, Nov. 17. Drivers on southbound I-17 should use the Jomax Road exit instead and follow signs for the detour routes.
- An 11-foot vehicle-width restriction remains in place on north- and southbound I-17 between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads.
The following ramp closures have been scheduled at I-17 and Pinnacle Peak Road through early 2020:
- The northbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed from Thursday, Nov. 7, to Sunday, Nov. 17.
- The southbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed from Friday, Nov. 15, to Sunday, Dec. 22.
- The northbound I-17 exit ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed from Friday, Nov. 15, to Monday, Jan. 6, 2020.
The following full closures of I-17, and of Pinnacle Peak Road, have been […]
Summer Race #9 Makeup Results and Final Summer Points have been posted. Report any issues to email@example.com.
A Work Day is schedule Saturday, Oct 12 from 6:00am – 8:30am. There is some work to do to get ready for the Showdown.
The next Open Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, Oct 14 at 7:00PM in the Track Conex.
On a sad note, PKRA founder Phil Pascucci passed away on Oct 1.
Pre-Registration for the Nov 3 Winter Race #1 opens Oct 21. Note the following:
- We will be requiring transponders be on the back of the seat per the IKF rule change.
- For safety reasons, Kid Karts and Shifters will now run the exact same configuration as other classes. This applies to races and practices.
The 2019 Super Showdown race is once again being held at the PKRA track in Phoenix Arizona. This year’s event will be held October 18th, 19th and 20th.
Rich Bowen has been working hard on the organization of the event and could use your help in making this years event the biggest and the most exciting yet by helping spread the word to racers, supporters and sponsors. He is still looking for some more prize and give away sponsors as well as class sponsors.
Last year over $8,000 in cash and prizes was given away and it is looking to be bigger and better this year. The 2019 Super Showdown race is proud to announce that so far two Classes have guaranteed Prize purses.
- The World Formula Medium has a $500 guaranteed purse. $250 to the winner.
- The LO206 Sr. Class has a $1000 guaranteed purse. $500 to the winner.
Introduction of the Honda GX50 Kid […]
Adobe Mountain Speedway (AMS) will be opening this fall at the dirt track area south of the PKRA track. For up-to-date status, see their web site at https://www.adobemountainspeedway.com.
A great deal of work is in progress to revitalize the site, including new electrical, new catch fences, site cleanup, and other improvements. Our understanding is that the site is approved for all the previous classes that have been run there, and they are working with the county to get approval for additional classes.
While PKRA will have overall responsibility for both sites, AMS will be operated independently, and all questions should be directed to their contact page https://www.adobemountainspeedway.com/contact-us.
The Sept 9 Open Board Meeting Minutes have been published.
- Winter Race Configurations were approved (see https://www.pkra.com/racing-schedule/ for proposed winter configs)
- Due to safety concerns, Kid Karts and Shifters will run the same configurations as other classes. This applies to races as well as practice.
- Chris England provided an update on IKF, SKUSA, and Evinco Tires
- Paul Hendricks provided an update on the County Agreement.
- The work day originally scheduled for Sept 21 has been canceled.
Aug 12 Open Board Meeting
Minutes have been published to the Member Area for the August 12 Meeting
Highlights are summarized here:
- The Board of Directors election has concluded with 45% of the membership voting. The following candidates were elected, and started 2 year terms:
- Bill Scheets
- Scott Jackson
- Scott Cebulski
- Rich Alten
- The Board elected Cindy Lacotta President. Bernie Lacotta will remain Vice-President, Bill Scheets will remain Secretary, and Tom Rodie will remain Treasurer.
- We will continue the Friday night ban on beginners, and the Wednesday night Rental focus.
- The 2020 Winter Season Race schedule was set:
- Race 1: 11/3
- Race 2: 11/17
- Race 3: 12/1
- Race 4: 12/15
- Race 5: 1/5
- Race 6: 1/19
- Race 7: 2/2
- Race 8: 2/16
- Race 9: 3/1
- Race 10: 3/15
- Rain Date: 3/22
- PKRA Memberships can no longer be purchased at the track.
Highlights of the July 8 Open Board meeting:
- Nominations for the 4 open board positions:
The election will be held electronically and begin July 22
- Bill Scheets
- Rich Alten
- Micah Hendricks
- Scott Jackson
- Scott Cebulski
- Rich Bowen
- The following rate Increases will take effect Oct 1:
- Bronze Membership – $300 (System will show $235 + $65)
- Silver Membership – $750 (System will show $685 + $65)
- Family Member Driver – $65
- Practice for Bronze $15.
- Front Row spot $300, Per Race $25
- Race Pre-Entry: $100 Non Member, $60 Member
- Onsite Race: $125 Non Member, $85 Member
- Phoenix Kart Rentals is requesting they be allowed to put up a permanent tent in their pit. The board is considering giving them a 6 month trial period, and will make the decision off line after hearing more specifics from them.
- The board continues to look into improving the lighting, with […]
PKRA Club Race Pre-Registration Instructions for MotorsportReg
- PKRA is using MotorsportReg for online Club Race Pre-Registration.
- Registration must use the profile of the particular driver. Registering multiple family member drivers easily done from a single log-in if your account relationships are set up correctly (if you have an issue with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). You may register multiple drivers before completing check-out, but they are considered individual registrations.
- Registration will use the contact information (including birth date for age verification), emergency contact information, and vehicle transponder from the particular driver profile. Please make sure this information is current.
- You’ll need to create at least one vehicle – we’ll pull the transponder number from it. If you rent your transponder, you’ll still need to have a vehicle with a blank transponder number. This needs to be done only once, and you can do it on the fly during […]
Minutes from the June 10 Open Board Meeting have been published.
- We will be starting Saturday night racing one hour later starting June 22. We will continue to have the dinner break after qualifying, but will have an additional 15 min break after the Heat.
- We changed to “Minor” pit passes 2-17 for $5 instead of the current Child 2-10 for $5 and Adult 11+ at $10. This will be implemented July 1 in conjunction with the move to MotorsportReg.
- We will implement the IKF rule change regarding transponder location beginning with the Winter season. The transponder will need to be on the back of the seat, with the bottom 25cm from the ground, +/- 5cm.
- The board agreed to officially rescind the surcharge for Wed night. We will continue the Friday night ban on beginner rental customers and the Wednesday focus on those rental customers, but there […]
PKRA is in the process of migrating from our current web purchasing to MotorsportReg.com.
Reasons for Change
Our previous product, Magento, has not been upgraded in years, and as is will not meet credit card processing requirements (PCI certification) this fall. Upgrading and ongoing support for Magento are cost prohibitive. Several functions in our implementation are currently broken, and it’s not practical to fix them.
Rewriting with a different tool was explored, but would ultimately suffer from the same support issues. Using a third party product will significantly reduce our support requirements and overall risk. MotorsportReg was evaluated against it’s nearest competitor and was found to better meet our needs and at lower cost. Many other karting and autosports groups use MotorsportReg, and user account/driver profile information may be shared aross the multiple organizations.
We previously managed memberships manually in a spreadsheet, and there was no intelligence in the […]