Special Race Procedures During Phase 1 Opening Period
During the Arizona Phase 1 opening period (until further notice), a number of procedures will be different.
There will be No Onsite Registrations.
- You must pre-register online, including all classes, transponder purchases / numbers, non-driver pit passes by name, and front row pit spaces.
- There will be no on site sales, and no one will be admitted that hasn’t been pre-registered by name.
- We are limiting Non-Driver Pit Pass Wrist Bands to 2 per driver. The county requires that there be no spectators, and found that we were not complying for race #1.
- Please make sure all information is correct, including drivers age and transponder number in addition to race entry itself.
- Note that you may change your registration up until the closing of registration at 6:00pm the Friday before (but please don’t wait until the last minute; stuff happens, and what’s there at 6:00pm is what we go with).
- Note also we have a very flexible refund policy.
- Please review the documentation for normal registration at https://www.pkra.com/race-registration-through-motorsportreg/
- Register early to avoid disappointment.
These additional restrictions apply:
- Please […]
Summer Race #2 Results and Points have been posted.
Report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Summer Points display below the Winter points for some unknown reason.
Note that the Configurations for Race #3 and Race #9 have been changed
- Race #3 has been changed to Two Straights CW due to the subsequent COTA race the next weekend
- The Vintage CCW configuration has been moved from Race #3 to Race #9
- The 5 Shifter mini series races have been adjusted accordingly
The May 11 Open Board Meeting Minutes have been published. Highlights are as follows:
- There will be temporary restrictions at races, including online only registration, pit spot spacing, no food vendor, etc. See https://www.pkra.com/may-16-race-online-only/ for more information.
- The dinner break will be after Qualifying instead of after the Heat Race.
- The competition committe proposed changes in the shifter classes, and the board approved.
- The postponed race will be Oct 17, and the rain date is pushed back to Oct 24.
- NKA has indicated we can run Junior 2’s with Seniors, despite the wording in the rule set.
- We will grid up for qualifying based on timed practice.
- For the summer practice, we will turn off the track lights at 9:45 and the pit lights at 10:00, with everyone out of the park by 10:15.
- The board approved going forward with an initial phase of light improvement.
- Andy Seesemann has asked to have a COTA race June 19/20, and we’ve tentatively approved.
- Elections will be held July 20 – Aug 3, with nominations / applications accepted at the June 8 and July 13 meetings. Four positions will be voted on.
The April 13 Open Board Meeting Minutes have been published. Highlights are as follows:
- The board decided to use the NKA rule set. The NKA rules are online, and the transition should be fairly smooth. The rules are fairly close to IKF rules and NKA insurance won’t change.
- The board decided to change the LO206 Kid Kart weight to 190.
- The board will wait until April 25 to consider whether any change to the summer race schedule is warranted based on governmental direction.
- We will not be allowing Junior 1 / Cadet drivers with Junior 2 during practice or races.
Practice Days are now open to all and no longer require registering. We are still requiring leaving an empty pit space between each team.
Please continue to practice social distancing and proper hygiene.
The March 9 Open Board Meeting Minutes have been published. Highlights are as follows:
- The 2020 Summer Race schedule was agreed upon. See https://www.pkra.com/racing-schedule/
We will continue the Qualifying/Heat/Main format.
- The Seniors and Masters will remain separate classes and the handicap system that was discussed will not be implemented.
- The Hoosier compounds per class were decided for the summer season. LO206 Junior 1 will use the R70 compound, together with the LO206 Junior 2, Senior, and Masters classes. See the bottom of the Classes page for the full list.
- We are restarting the Competition Committee. See Garrett Drysdale if you would like to like to help out on this committee.
- Tom Kutcher has demanded we stop using the IKF Ruleset. PKRA will no longer be sanctioned by IKF nor use IKF rules.
The 2020 Arizona Drag Racers Reunion and Kart Swap Meet & Expo originally scheduled for March 28 has been postponed. Current thoughts are for late May, but a new date has not yet been selected
PKRA has selected Hoosier tires for PKRA Club Races beginning May 1, 2020
see the announcement at https://www.pkra.com/hoosier-tire-selection/
Questions and Answers Regarding the Hoosier Tire Selection for PKRA Club Races
Does this apply to all PKRA Club Race Classes?
Yes. As with the other tire contracts, the distributor will provide tires and other items for the banquet, and in return we require their tires for PKRA club races.
Which Compounds will we use for each Class?
The compounds we will be using were decided at the Mar 9 meeting:
Kid Kart: R60B 4.5/4.5
LO206 Junior 1: R70 4.5/4.5
LO206 Junior 2: R70 4.5/6.0
LO206 Senior: R70 4.5/6.0
LO206 Masters: R70 4.5/6.0
Tag100 Junior: R60B 4.5/7.1
Tag100 Senior: R60B 4.5/7.1
Tag125: R60A 4.5/7.1
Shifters: R60A 4.5/7.1
Why was the decision made in closed session?
(1) One of the vendors we spoke with was very upset that a past proposal was given directly to the competition, and we can’t let that happen.
(2) We’ve heard a great deal of […]
The PKRA Board of Directors has chosen Hoosier tires for the PKRA spec club race tire beginning May 1. The reasons are simple – Hoosier offers more durable tire compounds that will stand up to our abrasive track with very good performance. We also expect a lower retail price.
We believe this provides the best value for our members; allowing them to purchase tires less often and reducing their cost when they do. We believe this provides much greater value than the race day free tire drawings, and benefits those who do not choose to race. We expect the largest benefit to be to the LO206 Jr 2, Senior, and Masters classes, and feel this will encourage drivers to come out more often. We feel keeping costs down is important to growing the club.
While the board made the decision in closed sessions over a number of months, we’ve heard a great deal of input from the members, with the overwhelming majority complaining about tire costs. We believe we have weighed all the factors, including the potential implications of promotors bringing races to PKRA, and believe this is in the overall best interests of the club. The vote was unanimous, except for one abstention.
Hoosier has a great reputation worldwide in may […]
The Feb 10 Open Board Meeting Minutes have been published.
- The board chose Hoosier as the Club Race spec tire
- The board chose to raffle off the remaining Evinco tires at race #8, with tickets at $5 each
- The board is looking for volunteers to serve on the Competition Committee and Marketing Committee if you are interested
- The ages for Tag100 will remain at 16+ for Senior and 12-15 for Junior, but waivers will be accepted as young as 14 for senior and 11 for junior
- We will have a separate, open meeting to review the P&L and discuss long term plans for the club.