Membership Rules and Restrictions:
- All memberships are for a term of 1 year. Memberships nearing expiration (e.g. 1 month) may be extended for an additional year.
- A Primary Member must be at least 18 years of age, and will have voting rights. The Primary Member manages the membership for themselves and any other family members.
- Multiple Family Member Drivers may be associated with a single Primary Membership, at dramatically reduced prices over the separate memberships most organizations have.
- One or more drivers must be added to a membership to take advantage of the driver benefits (we have split this out as a base membership and the first driver). This can be the Primary Member and/or family members (directly related or living in the same household). Remember to add/extend family member drivers when you renew/extend your membership.
- Memberships are purchased/renewed through MotorsportReg only. Memberships are not available for purchase at the track, and must be purchased ahead of time, giving PKRA sufficient time to be process the membership.
- You must Create or update a MotorsportReg account and add the club membership for Phoenix Kart Racing Association (this just associates the account / profile with the club) before you can purchase a membership. You normally use the same account for other motorsports registrations. Please do not create a duplicate account if you already have one, as this creates confusion for both yourself and PKRA. All current members already have accounts.
- Each Family Member Driver must have their own profile. It can be created and managed by the Primary Member (through a MotorsportReg “Account Relationship“). Also add the club membership for PKRA when you create the profile (otherwise it is not visible to PKRA). These family member profiles must be used to add that Driver as a Family Driver through this Membership purchase event, and later register for races as applicable. Please do not create a new profile if you encounter some issue – this will never improve the situation, but will cause confusion for yourself and PKRA for years to come.
- The correct profile must be used for each membership and race registration transaction. If you start a transaction without being logged in you will be presented with a highly visible option to select the applicable profile before proceeding. Once you are logged in, you may need to change profiles by selecting “Change to somebody else” by the currently sleected profile at the top of the transaction.
- The processing of membership purchases cannot be automated at this time, so the volunteer PKRA Membership Administrator will need to create or update your membership based on your purchases. Please allow for up to 5 business days for this manual processing, and plan ahead for renewal prior to race entry. There will be no refunds for paying non-member race entry or front row pit spots due to not renewing or updating your membership in time.
- PKRA has a process for sending courtesy reminder emails for expiring memberships, but it ultimately the members responsibility to renew on time. The membership expiration date is shown in the account profile in MotorsportReg.
- There is a 30 day period where an expired membership may be renewed with championship points retained. In this case, the membership renewal is back-dated to the expiration date. There is also a 30 day period in which pit spot reservations remain shown as reserved for an expired membership (that doesn’t relieve you from paying race day). Non-member fees apply immediately once a membership expires, and there is no reimbursement if a membership is then renewed and back-dated to retain points.
- Membership purchases are not refundable, so please review the rules prior to purchase.
- You may not edit a membership, but you may add drivers (using their profiles), add race day pit spots (using the primary member account), or upgrade from Bronze to Silver (using the primary member account) using the Membership Additions event. You may also request to move your pit spot by emailing email@example.com.
- MotorsportReg currently supports only membership purchases through events which must have specific dates. Therefore, please ignore the portion of the messages that refer to time frame. The PKRA Membership Administrator will update your membership expiration date to one year from purchase or current expiration date as applicable.
- Family Driver and Pit Spots may be added to the Primary Membership, but they expire with the underlying Primary Membership. You may also upgrade from a Bronze to Silver Membership, but the expiration date will not change. There is no mechanism for proration. Making an addition or upgrade later in a membership may therefore not be to your advantage from a cost perspective.
- Reserving a Pit Spot applies only to Club Races (not practice, and not outside races). Reserving a Front Row Pit Spot can be advantageous from a cost perspective if you race frequently, but also reserves your particular spot. Back row spots are free on race day, but you may reserve a particular pit spot for a small fee.
- Membership lists with primary member names, expiration dates , membership levels, family member drivers, and pit spot reservations may be available to the public through the PKRA and/or MotorsportReg web sites.
- PKRA must recreate the Membership Event periodically (related to the annual/hard-coded date restriction in MotorsportReg). If you start to purchase a membership and resume it later, there is a chance you may be trying to register under an obsolete version. There should be a message and link to the active version, but be aware of this in case the event shows as closed. The blue box link at the top of this page should always direct you the active membership event version. Note that you can clear out in-process registrations by going to your account dashboard and select remove from queue next to that event.
- The main PKRA Membership Purchases event is set up to add pit spaces, upgrade to silver level and add drivers. However; it will generally give you an error message that you’ve already registered for that event. That is why we have a separate PKRA Membership Additions event.
See the separate page PKRA Club Race Registration Through MotorsportReg for that registration process. You will receive member pricing automatically if you have an active PKRA Membership that doesn’t expire prior to the race. Please note the following:
- Registration must use the profile of the particular driver. Registering multiple family member drivers is easily done from a single log-in if your account relationships are set up correctly (if you have an issue with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). You may register multiple drivers before completing check-out, but they are considered individual registrations.
- Registration will force unique Kart numbers within a class. Members may request kart number reservations at email@example.com ( Driver, Class Kart Number).
- MotorsportReg allows for editing of race entry registrations until registration is closed. Keep in mind that if you have already registered a driver for one class, and then go into registration again, you are editing the original registration and not adding to it. If you want to add a class, you need to leave the already registered class and specify a second or third class.
Technical Support for account management and payment is provided by MotorsportReg through
Support for Membership status and specifics of event registration is provided by PKRA through firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact email@example.com to delete duplicate accounts. PKRA can create separate logins for “child” accounts after you change their email address. PKRA can also tie an existing profile to yours as a “child” account.
PKRA requires the completion of the following MotorsportReg profile data for specific purposes:
- Your email address is used for almost all business communication from PKRA staff as well as MoptorsportReg confirmation and reminder emails. Profiles created from a single account will have the same email address by default, and won’t have separate logins. The email can be changed, and you may request that we then create a login account for that profile.
- Emergency Contact information is required for obvious reasons, and will be made available to track personnel.
- Phone Number may be used by PKRA staff if needed, but the preferred method of contact remains email.
- Mailing Address is used for mailing membership cards. We also use this to create an anonymous map of members.
- Birth date is used for verification of the Primary Member age requirement and racing class applicability.
- If you or a family member will race at PKRA Club Races, you’ll need to set up at least one vehicle for us to pull the transponder number from. If you rent a transponder, you will still need to set up a vehicle and leave the transponder field blank. If you set up multiple vehicles, you may use the free form color field to identify each since that field is shown on vehicle selection; it may make sense to put the transponder number in the color field as well as the transponder field. These vehicles are available for use in registration by any of the family member drivers. It is possible that the vehicle information may become visible to other members and possibly the public.
- Members may reserve a kart number for a particular driver and class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to those with prior use of that number, so please review past points or race results to find an unused number before making a request. Also keep in mind that once reserved, that number cannot be used in that class by another driver outside of your account relationship (normally family membership). Don’t reserve a number if you expect to share your kart without changing the number. These reservations may be visible to other members and possibly the public.
- Race Registration (name, class, number, home town) is visible to the public
By accepting a PKRA Membership, you agree to the following:
As a member by the Phoenix Kart Racing Association (PKRA) I, my family, coaches, mechanics, and guests agree to abide by the by-laws, rules and regulations of the organization. I understand that my membership entitles me and the registered members of my family to participate in PKRA Club events. Events held by others at the track may require additional membership in another body for participation. I understand that PKRA events, technical rules and regulations will follow those of PKRA, sanctioning bodies, engine manufacturers, or other bodies and it is my obligation to obtain these rules and regulations. I also agree to the use of my information as described above.