PKRA Season Points
Communicate any issues to email@example.com
Championship Points Calculation Methodology
- Points calculations conform to the PKRA Rules in section 500.4 – 500.6, using the NKA Points scheme. The greater the number of competitors in a class, the greater the number of points given to finishing positions.
- Winter and Summer Series both currently consist of 10 races, with points for each race totaled for the series, except that the lowest two are dropped.
- Competitors receiving a Disqualification penalty for the main receive 0 points for that race, and the race cannot be dropped.
- Competitors receiving a green flag for at least one non-practice session (Qualifying, Heat, or Main) receive points. A competitor not taking any green flag is not considered to have competed in that race.
- Only members are eligible for championship trophies, and one cannot have a lapse of greater than 30 days.
- Championship Classes (those receiving championship trophies) are those where the number of drivers for that class average 5 or more for that class in that season, except for Kid Karts and Novice classes, which are never competition classes.
The following awards are traditionally given out in addition to Championship Class Trophies:
- Anyone who races all races in a particular season is traditionally given an “Iron Heart” award.
- Anyone who races all races in both seasons is traditionally given an “Iron Man” award
- A Champion of Champions award is given to the driver having the most combined points in both seasons.
- Only the highest scoring class of each season is counted.
- No drops are taken into account
Per Race Trophies
- Kid Kart drivers will all receive per race trophies (unless they are disqualified).
- Other classes will receive per race trophies (medals for Novice) if there are at least 5 entrants.