PKRA Season Points
Communicate any issues to email@example.com
Championship Points Calculation Methodology
- Points calculations conform to the PKRA Rules in section 500.4 – 500.6
- Winter and Summer Series both currently consist of 10 races, with points for each race totaled for the series, except that the lowest two are dropped.
- Competitors receiving a Disqualification penalty for the main receive 0 points for that race, and the race cannot be dropped.
- Competitors receiving a green flag for at least one non-practice session (Qualifying, Heat, or Main) receive points. A competitor not taking any green flag is not considered to havie competed in that race.
- PKRA uses the IKF points table found in the back of the IKF Rulebook (paragraph 800.12), where the greater the number of competitors in a class, the greater the number of points given to finishing positions.
- Championship Classes (those receiving championship trophies) are those where the number of drivers for that class average 5 or more for that class in that season.
The following awards are traditionally given out in addition to Championship Class Trophies:
- Anyone who races all races in a particular season is traditionally given an “Iron Heart” award.
- Anyone who races all races in both seasons is traditionally given an “Iron Man” award
- A Champion of Champions award is given to the driver having the most combined points in both seasons.
- Only the highest scoring class of each season is counted.
- No drops are taken into account
Per Race Trophies
- Kid Kart drivers will all receive per race trophies (unless they are disqualified).
- Other classes will receive per race trophies if there are at least 4 entrants.